The FRIEDRICHS promise of qualityThe fine differenceExtraordinarily fine fish delicacies call for extraordinarily careful preparation. That’s why the production process used at Gottfried Friedrichs is characterised by a unique combination of exquisite raw products, traditional hand crafts, innovative recipes and modern technology.
Our prime goal is always to create a product which satisfies the highest expectations of quality and taste. To achieve this, we work very exactingly and give our specialties the time they need to unleash their fullest possible flavour.
Greater care and passion for greater enjoyment
In processing salmon, we are particularly able to rely on the expertise which we have gained in over 100 years of experience and make extensive use of hand crafts and classic smoking and marination methods. We are one of the few producers to use traditional methods to marinate salmon: the fish are allowed to mature in the marinade over several days and are turned daily by hand. After the fish have been marinated, we enhance them by manually sprinkling selected herbs.
Traditional smoking methods in one of the leading wild salmon smokeries in Europe
Gottfried Friedrichs also applies a highly individual and traditional smoking method: the salmon is smoked gently for many hours at an optimum temperature with even flows of air over selected fine wood at one of European’s leading wild salmon smokeries. The fish are then allowed to rest and mature for several hours, during which time the aroma is unleashed in full.
In order to achieve the optimum in taste, the average production period for Gottfried Friedrichs salmon products far exceeds the standard time.
In addition, we remove the bones from the wild salmon by hand. This ensures that as many of the bones are removed as possible, while avoiding unnecessary strain on the flesh.
In what ways does FRIEDRICHS Smoked Salmon differ from standard smoked salmon?
- Selected raw product (long-standing relations with suppliers, top sources, gentle fishing methods such as trolling)
- The best possible filleting and trimming (to remove all parts of the raw product which do not meet our quality standards)
- Additionally salted by hand
- Careful and particularly extensive curing: the fish mature naturally in the marinade over several days until they have absorbed the flavour evenly and are turned daily by hand
- Smoked using the traditional FRIEDRICHS method, i.e. for a period which is up to three times longer than the current norm over selected fine woods
We have been producing our fine fish delicacies with the greatest possible care in keeping with this philosophy since 1908. This involves
- raw product and ingredients from the best possible sources
- craftsmanship based on experience collected in more than 100 years
- trend-setting recipes
- enduring enjoyment
With a history spanning more than 100 years, Gottfried Friedrichs has amassed particular experience ....
Our commitment to sustainable fishing constitutes a core element of our philosophy on quality.